I'm kicking us off, and I'm going with Quotes. There are so many quotes relating to Star Wars, that you may even use some and not realise the significance, if you have somehow been hiding under a rock somewhere all these years and never seen anything of any shape or description relating to the epic piece of pop culture that is Star Wars...
I saw the original three Star Wars movies when they came out. I'm showing my age here, but I'm even going to admit I was a teenager when 'A New Hope', or as we called it then, 'Star Wars', came out. I adored it from the first viewing, and even now get a kick out of it any time I see it. I enjoyed 'The Empire Strikes Back' too, although slightly to a lesser degree initially, and then thrilled back in force (no pun!) when 'Return of the Jedi' hit the big screen. It was then that I knew it was one of the most magnificent trilogies ever, at least up to that point!
I did look forward to the second trilogy's coming, but I will admit it never grabbed me in quite the same way, although I still enjoyed returning to the same universe and seeing some old familiar characters and a bunch of new ones too. I'm intrigued to see if the last trilogy ever gets made for the same reasons, but I don't hold out any great hopes for it being anywhere near as wonderful as I remember the first three films being on my consciousness. Maybe that's just old age; maybe it's the thrill of something new being hard to replace, I don't know, but I am still curious enough that I'd go see them...
Anyway, what we're here for today is THE QUOTES! Now, these are not in any particular order, but I did grab them from someone's top one hundred list and adapt it a little to my own personal favourites. I'm giving you fifty quotes today:
1. "May the Force be with you."
2. "Well, you said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake." "I take it back!"
3. "You do have your moments. Not many, but you have them."
4. "I love you." "I know."
5. "I’m not afraid." "You will be."
6. "I have a bad feeling about this."
7. "Who’s the more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
8. "That’s no moon."
9. "Laugh it up, fuzzball!"
10. "Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!"
11. "Search your feelings."
12. "I’ll never join you."
13. "He certainly has courage."
14. "Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side."
15. "It's a trap."
16. "But how could they be jamming us if they don’t know… that we’re… coming?"
17. "Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
18. "Stay on target."
19. "You know, that little droid is going to cause me a lot of trouble." "Oh, he excels at that, sir."
20. "Shut him up or shut him down."
21. "Give yourself to the Dark Side."
22. "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
23. "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you." (Winces.) "Uh, how are you?"
24. "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder."
25. "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."
26. "Would it help if I got out and pushed?!!" "It might!"
27. "Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try."
28. "All too easy."
29. "How you doin’, Chewbecca? Still hanging around with this loser?"
30. "I assure you, Lord Vader. My men are working as fast as they can." "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."
31. "You’ll find I’m full of surprises!"
32. "Yeah… you’re a real hero."
33. "A Jedi Knight? Jeez, I’m out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
34. "Keep your distance, Chewie, but don’t, y’know, look like you’re keeping your distance." (Grumbled questioning bark.) "I don’t know. Fly casual."
35. "What have you done?! I’m BACKWARDS."
36. "You will find that it is you who are mistaken… about a great many things."
37. "It’s against my programming to impersonate a deity."
38. "These aren’t the droids you’re looking for."
39. "Aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"
40. "This is some rescue!"
41. "Travelling through hyperspace ain’t like dustin’ crops, boy!"
42. "They’re getting closer." "Oh yeah? Watch this." (Long pause — the engine sputters and dies.)
43. "Great, kid. Don’t get cocky."
44. "R2-D2, you know better than to trust a strange computer!"
45. "So, what do you think? You think a princess and a guy like me…"
46. "I’ve just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here forever."
47. "I have you now!"
48. "Never tell me the odds!"
49. "Told you I did. Reckless is he. Now, matters are worse."
50. "That boy is our last hope." "No. There is another."
In order to make this fandom squee a little more fun, I offer up a reward to anyone who can use one (or more) of the quotes in this post to write their own ficlet or make one or more of their own icons, or a banner. The main rule is that it should be posted by May 11th (as that's when we end the squee for this fandom). It does NOT have to be in the Star Wars universe (unless you want it to be, of course), so if it's Booth and Bones reminiscing over the first time they watched a Star Wars movie together (would they even do that? I don't know!) or Steve and Danny arguing over whether Luke or Han was the hero of the first movie... or a graphic of Sheldon and Leonard with light sabres, or any other situation at all, grab a quote from this post and go for it!
And as a special little challenge to myself, for anyone who manages something over 200 words, your reward will be an icon representing the quote you use (or one of them, if you use multiple quotes), in whatever fandom you write about. If you create some icons or a banner, I offer you a Star Wars themed drabble to go with your graphic/s - although bear with me if it's not a fandom I know; I may have to swap that out if so.
And for anyone who wants to, this post is also for telling us about your own favourite quote and/or a RL story to go with it, if you have one! ;-)
Welcome to the dark side... :D