bour·geois [boor-zhwah, boor-zhwah; French boor-zhwa] (previously 06-05-13)
1. a member of the middle class.
2. a person whose political, economic, and social opinions are believed to be determined mainly by concern for property values and conventional respectability.
3. a shopkeeper or merchant.
4. belonging to, characteristic of, or consisting of the middle class.
5. conventional; middle-class.
6. dominated or characterized by materialistic pursuits or concerns.
WORDS RELATED TO BOURGEOIS
materialistic, Victorian, conservative, common, Philistine, conventional, illiberal, middle-class, traditional, hidebound, old-line
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
Origin: 1555–65; < Middle French; Old French borgeis burgess
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.