trimming [ trim-ing ]
1. anything used or serving to decorate or complete: the trimmings of a Christmas tree.
2. Usually trimmings. an accompaniment or garnish to a main dish: roast turkey with all the trimmings.
3. trimmings, pieces cut off in trimming, clipping, paring, or pruning.
4. the act of a person or thing that trims.
5. Informal. a beating or thrashing.
6. Informal. a defeat: Our team took quite a trimming.
WORDS RELATED TO TRIMMING
decoration, frill, pruning, trim, embellishment, adornment, extra, accessories, accessory, garnish, trappings, trimmings, trapping, clipping, shortening, cropping, drubbing, whipping, thrashing, licking
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
Origin: First recorded in 1510–20; trim + -ing
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.