sanguine [ sang-gwin ]
1. cheerfully optimistic, hopeful, or confident: a sanguine disposition; sanguine expectations.
2. reddish; ruddy: a sanguine complexion.
3. (in old physiology) having blood as the predominating humor and consequently being ruddy-faced, cheerful, etc.
4. bloody; sanguinary.
5. blood-red; red.
6. Heraldry. a reddish-purple tincture.
7. a red iron-oxide crayon used in making drawings.
buoyant, enthusiastic, hopeful, cheerful, confident, upbeat, positive, glowing, red, flush, scarlet, animated, assured, expectant, lively, secure, self-assured, self-confident, spirited, undoubtful
san·guin·i·ty, san·guin·ness, noun
CAN BE CONFUSED
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. enthusiastic, buoyant, animated, lively, spirited.
Origin: 1275–1325; Middle English sanguyne a blood-red cloth < Old French sanguin < Latin sanguineus bloody, equivalent to sanguin-, stem of sanguis blood + -eus -eous
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.