hangdog [ hang-dawg, -dog ]
1. browbeaten; defeated; intimidated; abject: He always went about with a hangdog look.
2. shamefaced; guilty: He sneaked out of the room with a hangdog expression.
3. suitable to a degraded or contemptible person; sneaky; furtive.
4. Archaic. a degraded, contemptible person.
ashamed, conscience-stricken, defeated, downcast, guilty, intimidated, sheepish, wretched, browbeaten, cowering
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. ashamed, contrite, crestfallen.
1. confident, assured.
Origin: First recorded in 1670–80; hang + dog
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.