crump [kruhmp, kroo mp]
verb (used with object)
1. to crunch or make a crunching sound, as with the teeth.
verb (used without object)
2. (of an artillery shell) to land and explode with a heavy, muffled sound.
3. to make a crunching sound, as in walking over snow, or as snow when trodden on.
4. a crunching sound.
5. a large explosive shell or bomb.
6. Also called bump. Mining. a sudden ground movement in underground workings.
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
Origin: First recorded in 1640-50; imitative
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.