chocolate [chaw-kuh-lit, chok-uh-, chawk-lit, chok-]
1. a preparation of the seeds of cacao, roasted, husked, and ground, often sweetened and flavored, as with vanilla.
2. a beverage made by dissolving such a preparation in milk or water, served hot or cold: a cup of hot chocolate.
3. candy made from such a preparation.
4. an individual piece of this candy.
5. any syrup or flavoring made from this preparation or artificially imitating its flavor.
6. a dark brown color.
7. made, flavored, or covered with chocolate: chocolate cake; chocolate ice cream.
8. having the color of chocolate; dark-brown.
Can be confused
cacao, coca, cocoa, coke.
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
Origin: 1595-1605; < Spanish < Nahuatl chocolātl
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.