The rules are:
1. The challenge will run for 20 days Sunday to Thursday each week from 6-10, 13-17, 20-24 and 27-31 August, with the Fri-Sat and Sept. 1-2 as 'catch-up' days.
2. Every day of the challenge a graphic from each of the six fandoms will be provided in a single post for the day.
3. For each day's graphic in your chosen fandom/s, you will be asked to create at least either a drabble or 2 icons.
4. Should you wish, you can collect up your week's chosen graphics and from all of them create a 500+ word fic, ten icons, or a banner/wallpaper.
- OR you can wait and write a 2K+ fic from all of them; or create 40 icons; or 5 banners/wallpapers (for the whole month's chosen graphics in each/any fandom).
- OR create any combination of the daily minimum that makes up the total numbers, eg: 1 banner, 10 icons, 5 drabbles and one 500 word fic = 20 days worth; or 20 icons and a 1K fic = 20 days worth; or any other combo like this.
5. If you want to choose a different fandom for each day, each week, or any other combination that works for you (i.e. any number of the fandoms that you want!), that's up to you - any combinations work to make up the full 20 creations that count as completion.
6. Make for as many or as few fandoms as you like - just be sure to make the minimum creation for each day if you want to complete the whole challenge.
7. If you miss any days, you can make them up at any stage. Fri-Sat of each week and 1-2 Sept. will not have new pics, so you can use them to catch up on anything you've already started or to create for days you've missed.
8. Everyone who makes the minimum creation for each of the 20 days gets a completion banner, whether it's for one fandom, a mix or all six!
9. You don't have to reach the minimum on all 20 days to earn a reward; as long as you create something for at least one day, you can earn a participation banner.
10. Post in your journal or wherever you normally do, and please link your creation/s for each day back to that day's August Rush post rather than in a separate post of your own in the comm. (This makes it easier to collect up the creations)
- OR you may choose to hold off and comment with the link/s on the 'weekly catch-up post' that I'll post each week, where I'll summarise all the week's goodies; it's totally up to you on that, but feel free to post your creations in your own journal and/or wherever you post in the meantime; that's just dandy!
I'll do a final post once the month's over to show ALL everyone created and their counts! August is gonna be a RUSH! ;-)
Day One's post will be up in a few minutes!