1. a person or thing that sinks.
2. a person employed in sinking, as one who sinks shafts.
3. a weight, as of lead, for sinking a fishing line or net below the surface of the water.
4. Slang. a doughnut or, sometimes, a biscuit or muffin.
5. Also called sinkerball. Baseball. a pitched ball that curves downward sharply as it reaches the plate.
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
Origin: 1520-30; 1920-25 for def 4; 1925-30 for def 5; sink + -er
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.