HAPPY NEW YEAR!Goal (noun)
goal [ gohl ]noun
1. the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
2. the terminal point in a race.
3. a pole, line, or other marker by which such a point is indicated.
4. an area, basket, cage, or other object or structure toward or into which players of various games attempt to throw, carry, kick, hit, or drive a ball, puck, etc., to score a point or points.
5. the act of throwing, carrying, kicking, driving, etc., a ball or puck into such an area or object.
6. the score made by this act.OTHER WORDS FROM GOAL
sub·goal, nounWORDS RELATED TO GOAL
objective, intention, target, ambition, duty, use, object, end, destination, limit, mark, design, intent, mission, zeroSYNONYMS FOR GOALSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. target, purpose, object, objective, intent, intention.
1275–1325; Middle English gol boundary, limit; compare Old English gǣlan to hinder, impede( Collapse )( Collapse )