Do you like AUs but rarely find the time to plot out epic storylines that make use of every aspect of that of the world you built for your Fantasy or Sci-Fi AU? Or do period AUs intimidate you with their tripwires of historical inaccuracies?
How about something quick and easy?
(Hope it's okay for me to use the banner because it's super cute!)
Flash Challenge: AUs You Never Knew You Wanted
My friend neurotoxia
and I are holding our own private challenge to see how many AUs we can write this month. I wanted to invite you to join us in creating fanworks for your favourite scenarios or tell us what other AUs you'd like to see.
Here are some examples of what we'd like to see:
- "Hi, can I borrow your knives? Mine suck" AU
- "I'm in your yoga class and my God, are you flexible"
- "I'm a web designer and you hire me to do the homepage for your company, but how do I tell you your ideas suck when your excitement is so adorable?"
- “We’re rival wrestlers but the promoter thought it was a great idea to put us in a tag team and now the audience loves us.”
- "I'm a physical therapist, and every time you come to me you're stiff as a board, seriously what are you doing? Bonus points for me using sexual innuendo about your stiffness to try and get you to relax."
- “I’m the front (wo)man of a Death Metal band and you’re a violinist. Our label wants us to collaborate for a charity project, but we think the other’s music is stupid and fight all the time until we discover there’s a band we both like.”
Other ideas by other people can be found on tumblr
, for example, but feel free to use any AUs from any source of your liking. In fact, you can start right here on 1mw
. You can also use these prompts to help you create scenarios for your TV show
or generate fanworks for it.
Give us an icon or a drabble or... whatever fits your idea best!
And don't forget to share what AUs you'd
like to see. ;DFillsFlower shop across from a Tattoo shop AU
(Hawaii 5-0) by heffermonkeydrunken dog petting AU
(Batman) by crookedspoonMy knives suck AU
(Supernatural RPF) by fairyniamhDetective AU
(Constantine/Batman) by crookedspoon
for agdhaniDangling from a window ledge AU
(The Hobbit) by neurotoxia
If you're on AO3, you can add your fills to the 1 Million Words' Flash Challenge
subcollection, as well as the gathering place AUs We'd Like to Share
if you like.