1. vehement or violent denunciation, censure, or reproach.
2. a railing accusation; vituperation.
3. an insulting or abusive word or expression.
4. vituperative; denunciatory; censoriously abusive.
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. contumely, scorn. See abuse.
Origin: 1400-50; late Middle English < Late Latin invectivus abusive, equivalent to Latin invect(us) (past participle of invehi to attack with words, inveigh) + -ivus -ive
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.