odious [oh-dee-uh s]
1. deserving or causing hatred; hateful; detestable.
2. highly offensive; repugnant; disgusting.
Can be confused
1. malodorous, odoriferous, odorous, smelly, stinky.
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. abominable, objectionable, despicable, execrable. See hateful.
2. loathsome, repellent, repulsive.
1. attractive, lovable.
Origin: 1350-1400; Middle English < Latin odiōsus, equivalent to od(ium) hatred, odium + -ōsus -ous
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.