1. a mark, trace, or visible evidence of something that is no longer present or in existence: A few columns were the last vestiges of a Greek temple.
2. a surviving evidence or remainder of some condition, practice, etc.: These superstitions are vestiges of an ancient religion.
3. a very slight trace or amount of something: Not a vestige remains of the former elegance of the house.
4. Biology. a degenerate or imperfectly developed organ or structure that has little or no utility, but that in an earlier stage of the individual or in preceding evolutionary forms of the organism performed a useful function.
5. Archaic. a footprint; track.
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. token. See trace. 3. hint, suggestion.
Origin: 1535-45; < Middle French < Latin vestīgium footprint
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.