1. keen relish; hearty enjoyment; gusto.
2. an agreeable or piquant flavor imparted to something.
3. anything added to impart flavor, enhance one's appreciation, etc.
4. piquancy; interest; charm.
5. liveliness or energy; animating spirit.
6. the peel, especially the thin outer peel, of a citrus fruit used for flavoring: lemon zest.
verb (used with object)
7. to give zest, relish, or piquancy to.
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
4. spice, tang.
Origin: 1665-75; < French zest (now zeste) orange or lemon peel used for flavoring < ?
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.