Did you get your Pool Party creation finished? No? Well, you have less than 24 hours to get it done and your count in! GO, DO! (and I kick myself on that, too, as my pool party is not finished either, but I'm thinking I could post half and then it will be a good incentive to get the second half in before people jump a plane to come find me for the rest!)
And AUGUST RUSH starts tomorrow! Here are
The rules are:
1. The challenge will run for 20 days for the weekdays from 1-5, 8-12, 15-19 and 22-26 August, with the weekends and 29-31 August as 'catch-up' days.
2. Every day of the challenge a graphic from each of the six fandoms will be provided in a single post for the day.
3. For each day's graphic in your chosen fandom/s, you will be asked to create at least either a drabble or 2 icons.
4. Should you wish, you can collect up your week's chosen graphics and from all of them create a 500+ word fic, ten icons, or a banner/wallpaper.
- OR you can wait and write a 2K+ fic from all of them; or create 40 icons; or 5 banners/wallpapers (for the whole month's chosen graphics in each of your fandoms).
- OR create any combination of the daily minimum that makes up the total numbers, eg: 1 banner, 10 icons, 5 drabbles and one 500 word fic = 20 days worth; or 20 icons and a 1K fic = 20 days worth; or any other combo like this.
5. If you want to choose a different fandom for each day, each week, or any other combination that works for you (i.e. any number of the fandoms that you want!), that's up to you - any combinations work to make up the full 20 creations.
6. Make for as many or as few fandoms as you like - just be sure to make the minimum creation for each fandom if you intend to cover more than one fandom on that day.
7. If you miss any days, you can make them up at any stage - the weekends and 29-31 August will not have new pics, so you can use them to catch up if you need to, but creating for days you've missed on other days is perfectly okay too.
8. Everyone who makes the minimum creations for at least one fandom for each of the 20 days gets a completion banner.
9. You don't have to reach the minimum on all 20 days to earn a reward; as long as you create something for at least one day, you can earn a participation banner.
10. Post in your journal or wherever you normally do, and please link your creation/s for each day back to that day's August Rush post rather than in a separate post of your own in the comm. (This makes it easier to collect up the creations)
- OR you may choose to hold off and comment with the link/s on the 'weekly catch-up post' that I'll post each week, where I'll summarise all the week's goodies; it's totally up to you on that, but feel free to post your creations in your own journal and/or wherever you post in the meantime; that's just dandy!
I'll do a final post once the month's over to show ALL everyone created and their counts! August is gonna be a RUSH! ;-)
NOTE: If I've missed anything or you don't understand - ask questions in a comment to this post at any time during the month.
Now I'm off to post part one of my unbeta'd Pool Party fic! Good luck everyone!