1. a person who tries to apply some doctrine or theory without sufficient regard for practical considerations; an impractical theorist.
2. dogmatic about others' acceptance of one's ideas; fanatical: a doctrinaire preacher.
3. merely theoretical; impractical.
4. of, relating to, or characteristic of a doctrinaire.
Can be confused
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. authoritarian, uncompromising, inflexible, unyielding.
2. reasonable, flexible.
Origin: 1810-20; < French; see doctrine, -aire
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.