In my part of the world, it's becoming spring - flowers are blooming, birds are singing, it's rainy/sunny/rainy. So this weekend's challenge is all about spring!
I may not be on my computer much this weekend so I'm posting all the prompts. You can pick and choose as many or as few as you want. For everyone who posts a work in response to one or more prompts by midnight Monday will receive four custom LJ icons. (I'm not the world's best at icons but I can Google like a pro!)
If you want to use one of more prompts, post a note in the comments so we'll all know what you're up to. Not that you have to - it would just be cool.
Hope these help the words bloom!!!
Picture prompts Edit to say I re-uploaded the pictures. I don't have any idea why they aren't showing up. I'm so sorry if you can see them.
Click on the picture for a full-size version.
Quote prompts here:
- Spring is nature’s way of saying, "Let’s party!" ~Robin Williams
- It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
- It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want — oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain
- No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb
- If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet
- Every spring is the only spring — a perpetual astonishment. ~Ellis Peters
- Spring is sooner recognized by plants than by men. ~Chinese Proverb
- In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours. ~Mark Twain
- The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. ~Henry Van Dyke
- The front door to springtime is a photographer’s best friend. ~Terri Guillemetsqe
- If people did not love one another, I really don't see what use there would be in having any spring. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
- Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come. Robert H. Schuller
- Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks. ~Tennessee Williams
- The flower is the poetry of reproduction. It is an example of the eternal seductiveness of life. ~Jean Giraudoux
- Flowers don't worry about how they're going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful. ~Jim Carrey
- Springtime flowers bloom like colorful arrows piercing their way to the sun. ~Terri Guillemets
Have fun! And happy spring!!!