godfather [god-fah-th er]
1. a man who serves as sponsor for a child at baptism.
2. any male sponsor or guardian.
3. (often initial capital letter) a powerful leader, especially of the Mafia.
4. a person who is regarded as the originator or principal shaper of a movement, school of thought, art form, industry, or the like: the godfather of abstract expressionism.
verb (used with object)
5. to act as godfather to; be sponsor or protector for.
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
Origin: before 1000; Middle English godfader, Old English godfæder. See God, father
Now YOU come up with a sentence (or fic? or graphic?) that best illustrates the word.