There is just so much to be done today. So let's start with now!
Remember to update your counts before 5 AM EST! I'm very excited to see how we do!
You can still sign up for December's Daily Count Challenge, as well as Big Buddy, so go do that!
Swap of Joy postings start tomorrow as do the Advent Event postings!
SO MUCH TO DO! SO MUCH TO DO!
On the plus side, I finished one knitting project this weekend, and my SoJ fic, and two more teeny fics, and am about 3 hours away from finished another knitting project that I have to give on Friday! I AM FEELING VERY AWESOME!!!
Now, did you see what all the people did this last week. All kinds of hitting the mark with weekend challenge, and NaNo, and ALL THE THINGS!!! I'm feeling even more awesome.
What are your plans to continue this awesome?
Also, while NaNo is ending today (I can hear you all sighing, it's a happy sigh), we are still pushing 'One More Word'. If your planned counts for December are 20,000 or 2,000 or 1, then I want 20,001 or 2,001 or TWO! GIVE ME ONE MORE!!!
Then lastly, I wanted to discuss our upcoming
OBVIOUSLY, I had neither enough coffee nor enough sleep when I came up with this, but I ran it by H, and after she stopped laughing she thought it was a good idea.
If you have a WIP that you think you can get finished up in 1,000 or fewer words and you want to try and crank it out for the end of the year and finish with more words to count, then HAVE I GOT A PLAN FOR YOU!
The Twelve Days of WIPness
- One the first day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: A Wip and a plan to finish it ASAP. (Dec 20th)
- One the second day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: One hundred words (Dec 21)
- One the third day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: One hundred fifty words (Dec 22)
- One the fourth day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: Two hundred words (Dec 23)
- One the fifth day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: THREE HUNDRED WORDS! (Dec 24)
- One the sixth day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: One hundred fifty words (Dec 25)
- One the seventh day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: One hundred words (Dec 26)
- One the eighth day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: Finished rough draft (Dec 27)
- One the ninth day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: Submission WIPness beta (Dec 28)
- One the tenth day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: Beta reading someone’s WIP (Dec 29)
- One the eleventh day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: Tweaking the returned from beta WIP (Dec 30)
- One the twelfth day of Wipness my wordies gave to me: A finished and posted WIP. (Dec 31)
Now, I will admit that it is an ambitious plan, however, you can feel free to switch around the numbers to suit your schedule. It also leaves the beta readers little time, so if you have a large piece that you are just putting finishing touches on, maybe get what you have to your reader before the 20th, and if you are able to read a 2K fic on the 29th that would be fantastic too (I'll put up a sign up post for that later).
Again, I needed more coffee, but I think it's do-able!
*saunters away singing I'm all about dem words, bout dem words, no WIP-ees, all about dem words...